VMware Workspace ONE Community
FERRARESIEMANUE
Contributor
Contributor

"203 Bag Load Failed" error on iOS 13.3.1

Hello,

I have a user device full of this unknown (for me at least) error....

pastedImage_0.png

The user receives these errors on every app he try to download from the AppCatalog.

The device is a iPhone 11 with iOS13.3.1.

We use both DEP and VPP (device license).

What could be the problem?

What this error means?

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TimRattrayTimRa
Contributor
Contributor

Me too

0 Kudos
KenSmithKenSmi1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see this error on a single iPad running iOS 14.0.1 with Hub v2005. The device caught my attention because it was originally flagged as compromised. Looking at the device record I saw an old version of Hub installed so I tried to force an upgrade (to 2010). Now I see the 203 error and the device still shows compromised with no compliance status. 

0 Kudos
TimRattrayTimRa
Contributor
Contributor

I am told that the device tried to download the Hub before it was fully set up, it knew it was in DEP but tried to download from an external store because it was not yet using the managed Apple store.
In theory, you can see it try to download the Hub, fail, then it does APNS certs and registers device, then the Hub installs succesfully. 

Wipe it and start again?
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Did you find an answer or did you have to start over erasing and re-deploying? I have one device giving this error too. Ours are also DEP with device-based VPP apps from ASM. The Hub is not required but is nice to have installed for troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
TimRattrayTimRa
Contributor
Contributor

My experience is that while the Hub is not "required", it is, in fact, required.  I.e. don't expect anything to work properly, smoothly etc, without the Hub having been opened at least once.

The solution to the Bag Load error is to wipe and start again, make sure you have decent reception so the Internet aspects of set up go cleanly.

0 Kudos
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just experienced the 203 error, Bag Load Failed. ABM with VPP. Enough licenses. iPod Touch running 15.0.2. I changed Wi-Fi to Hotspot, my three apps loaded right away. 

0 Kudos