VMware Workspace ONE Community
PatriciaGoncalv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

install UAG in bare metal is possible?

I have a client who insists on not installing UAG ovf on hypervisor, does anyone know if I can install on bare metal?
Labels (1)
2 Replies
GuenterGruber
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Patricia,
in my environment I have the same issue. Our administrator refuses to install the UAG because of the Linux-OS is not listed on the ' Supported Windows guest operating systems for Hyper-V'
I think, this is an issue between VMware an Micorsoft...
Regards, Günter
0 Kudos
ChristophBaecke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Patricia,

the official vmdk Hyper-V UAG-File by from VMware is not official enough? There is also a deployment for Microsoft Azure. If VMware says it runs and is supported, it´s not sufficient? Maybe - as workaround - get a small dedicated physical machine with the Hyper-V-Role (or VMware VSphere Essentials as Hypervisor) just solely for the UAG. This way the UAG is decoupled from the rest rest of the cluster and the admin can take the ' risk' ...of course Clustering the UAG itself and high availability will be a different story then.

I can imagine a way how put the UAG on a physical a machine but almost sure no way, that VMware will support that if they are not bulding them themselves. VMware goes for virtual appliances for obvious reasons. 🙂

Regards.

Christoph
0 Kudos