VMware Workspace ONE Community
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

iPhone Deivce - New Contact not updating from iPhone to Outlook/Exchange

I submitted a case to AirWatch, but figure I would check and see if anyone has seen the below issue:

We are unable to create a NEW contact on an iPhone device and have it populate to Outlook/Exchange.
I can modify an existing contact on my iPhone and it will update in Outlook. I can create a contact in Outlook and it will update to my iPhone.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I would guess there is more than one Account configured on the device.  Check the Default Account (Settings --> Contacts) to which the newly created Contact would be synced to.  If your Default Account is not your Exchange account, check for your new Contact on the account that is configured as the default.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I would guess there is more than one Account configured on the device.  Check the Default Account (Settings --> Contacts) to which the newly created Contact would be synced to.  If your Default Account is not your Exchange account, check for your new Contact on the account that is configured as the default.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I agree with Myles on this one. The same applies to the calendar as well where you must specify the one provisioned by AirWatch to be the default. Otherwise, users may be calling the help desk and complaining that their calendars are not updated.
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well I checked my phone and I see where mine was set to ' On My iPhone' .  I switched it to Exchange ActiveSync and I then was able to create a contact on my iPhone and it show up in my Outlook client on my PC.  Now question, does anyone know of a way to make that the default setting when a person goes to enroll in AirWatch?  For our iPhone we are using the Intelligent Hub.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Herndon, I asked the same question for calendar and the answer was no as Apple has not shared the necessary API to control this setting. But feel free to ask if you have time.
0 Kudos