VMware Workspace ONE Community
RickSmithRickSm
Contributor
Contributor

iPhone 11 pro not profiles fail to install

iPhone 11 pro profiles fail to install after enrollment. Troubleshooting log says profiles can only be installed on supervised devices.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So, is your device supervised?

If not, do you use a profile removal password? This won't work on unsupervised devices with iOS 13 anymore. See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2960338?lang=en_US
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks for sharing, Jeoffrey.
In that case, that field should have something to remind admins that this only applies to supervised devices only like other settings. I checked and that's not present even under 19.12.

' The profile removal password payload has been moved to supervised only in iOS 13. Since this is a separate payload, including it in a profile will cause the profile to fail to install on unsupervised iOS 13 devices. It is recommended to set the Allow Removal option to Always to allow the profile to install successfully.'

0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So am I understanding this correctly on the whole ' Allow Removal'  section you mentioned Jeoffrey in the past we always just set that to ' Never'  so if I'm understanding the post in that article I now need to set that to ' Allow'  going forward for BYOD devices?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

My understanding would be that only affects if you set it to 'with authorization'.
0 Kudos
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually no, the Profile Reference of Apple says:

PayloadRemovalDisallowed - Boolean - Optional. Supervised only. If present and set to true, the user cannot delete the profile (unless the profile has a removal password and the user provides it).

RemovalPassword - String - Optional. Supervised only. Specifies the removal password for the profile.
0 Kudos