VMware Workspace ONE Community
go0se
Contributor
Contributor

iPad wallpaper

I would like to be able to A) force an iPad to use specific image files for the lock screen and the home screen wallpaper and B) be able to push those image files out from the console. Is this possible?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
DaveParsonsDave
Contributor
Contributor

We set the Lock Screen Image and Home Screen Image on all our iPads we have in AirWatch. The images vary depending on which Organization Group the iPads are a member of.

You can find this feature in Groups & Settings -> All Settings -> Devices & Users -> Apple -> Apple iOS -> Managed Settings
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Has anyone experienced with this set up after updating devices to iOS 12 and above?
0 Kudos
RyanWampler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We were going to do this, but saw issues in iOS 12 where the lock-screen wallpaper wasn't get set properly.  Also, the device froze temporarily when the wallpaper was pushed down.
0 Kudos
aong96
Contributor
Contributor

Any 1 experience this issue where the wallpaper is receive by some device and some does not. If i change to other wallpaper, some device applied by some still remain the old 1
This issue only started to happen in iOS 12 previously it work perfectly.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Same here Adrian and support was able to re-produce the issue. Are you having issue with iOS 12.1.1 or 12.1.2?
0 Kudos
JamieAndersonJa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had this problem in one of the lower version of AW 9.x. We discovered a confirmed bug where the wallpaper setting was not being inherited by the child OGs. The painful workaround was to go to each child OG and change the wallpaper setting to override, upload the wallpaper and save. Then change it back to inherit and save.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks, j a. That doesn't make any sense.
0 Kudos
aong96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thomas, mine is iOS 12.1.1.
So i an airwatch bug or an iOS 12.1.1 issue? what did the support planning to do for you?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

No update as of yet, and we have enterprise support contract so supposedly we should get faster turnaround on our tickets. I will share any update once I hear back, but i'm glad I wasn't the only one going crazy around here.
0 Kudos
AndrewToth
Contributor
Contributor

This has been identified as a known issue with IOS12 (AAPP-6478 in the KB here), but I wanted to share a workaround for devices where the wallpaper doesn't set properly - Change Organization Group on the device, but just keep the existing OG and hit Save. It repushes the Managed Settings config for that OG to that device, which will attempt to set the wallpaper again. Since the issue is intermittent this usually works (I did have to do it twice one time though). We are running a SaaS environment, so 1811 here.

0 Kudos
CoryStout
Contributor
Contributor

We too are experiencing this wallpaper issue and it is very frustrating.  Same workaround as Jamie A which still does not fix the problem long term.  We find ourselves regularly going in and having to upload the images and save to make it work.
0 Kudos
evaTb64
Contributor
Contributor

Getting the same issue here on 1902, has this been fixed in newer AirWatch versions?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Maybe it will be resolved under iOS 12.3? I haven't had a chance to check and I'm running 19.03 in a dedicated SaaS. The only way to confirm is to load the beta iOS and test.
0 Kudos