VMware Workspace ONE Community
ScottRotolo
Contributor
Contributor

iOs 12.x devices will not accept a wifi profile change to remove/change proxy settings

We have made an enterprise network change that has required us to remove/change our wifi profile proxy settings on our iOs devices. I need to change it from manual to off. When i change the policy and it updates on the device, it doesn't accept the change. Strangely enough on an ios 13 device it changes immediately... is this a short coming on ios 12.x?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Does it happen to all of your iOS 12 devices?
0 Kudos
BrandonOKC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It’s a known issue with IOS 11.x and 12.x to not accept or process MDM commands when device has an IOS update waiting to install. Force one to install iOS 13.x. Then check to see if wifi profile updated. Had similar issue with restrictions profile that did same thing and as soon as IOS version updated profile on device updated.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks, Brandon. I suppose this doesn't apply to supervised devices where you can delay the iOS updates for up to 90 days, or does it not matter?
0 Kudos
ScottRotolo
Contributor
Contributor

thanks guys, unfortunately we have an app that is preventing us from upgrading to ios 13 right now
0 Kudos