VMware Workspace ONE Community
MarcWoolfenden
Contributor
Contributor

iOS Updates via Compliance Policy

Hello,

In an effort to reduce manual tasks on the console I'm attempting to implement fully automatic updates of our iOS estate, to this end I have created a compliance policy to trigger the 'OS Updates' command on targeted devices as required. The command when sent via a compliance policy currently only sends the command with the Download flag. This is understandable, however I have been advised by support that Apple currently do not advertise an API call to you in which one could set a policy to enforce that the 'Automatic Updates' toggle is enforced on to trigger the downloaded update to apply that evening without user input.

As such would be helpful if the full set of options availiable via a manual/bulk 'OS Updates' command were also availiable when invoked by a Compliance Policy, such that it would be possible to craft a compliance policy to send a first 'OS Updates' command to download updates, and then as an escalation action send a separate 'OS Updates' command to install the already downloaded update.

Many Thanks,
Labels (1)
2 Replies
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It would not do a great deal of good those commands do not work if your devices have passcodes
0 Kudos
VitaliyKovalen2
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have a success with compliance policies to automate iOS/Android updates in a silent mode? (without users interaction)
0 Kudos