VMware Workspace ONE Community
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

iOS Restriction Profile Set to Show Apps, but Apps are not shown

Console version 9.6.0.8. I have a restriction profile assigned to devices. Included is a list of 2 apps I want shown with the exact App ID from my App Catalog. They even populate correctly with a few letters typed so I know the app ID is correct. However, once the restriction profile is assigned, they disappear. If I remove the restriction profile, the apps show fine along with all the other stock apps. When uninstalled, I can see both apps are installed correctly and my Screen Layout profile is placing them in the correct spots. Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Jamie - I figured it out and I'm even more embarrassed than getting the app ID wrong. I went through and recreated the profile and slowly worked my way backwards re-adding settings until it stopped working. I had set the restriction profile not to allow any apps in the same area towards the bottom where you block TV shows, movies, books etc. Sometimes it's the simplest things!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamieAndersonJa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm going to ask the most obvious question...are you 100% sure you added the bundle IDs to the Show App category and not the Hide App?? Also, that's a supervised setting, your are using supervised devices correct?
0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Jamie - I figured it out and I'm even more embarrassed than getting the app ID wrong. I went through and recreated the profile and slowly worked my way backwards re-adding settings until it stopped working. I had set the restriction profile not to allow any apps in the same area towards the bottom where you block TV shows, movies, books etc. Sometimes it's the simplest things!
0 Kudos
AjsregujSvji
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks For visit our site

0 Kudos
leebristow
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It appears that you're facing a perplexing issue with the iOS restriction profile not displaying the specified apps despite correctly inputting their App IDs in the App Catalog. The fact that the apps vanish when the restriction profile is applied, only to reappear when it's removed, suggests a conflict or misconfiguration. Considering the meticulous steps you've taken, such as confirming the correct installation and placement via the Screen Layout profile, it's certainly a head-scratcher.

This situation somewhat resembles the frustration one might experience with the LokLok app not working as expected. In both scenarios, there's a seeming misalignment between the intended functionality and the actual outcome. Just as the LokLok app may encounter glitches hindering its proper operation, the iOS restriction profile might be encountering an unexpected obstacle preventing the display of designated apps. Exploring potential conflicts between the restriction profile and other configurations, or checking Loklok app not working ios for any recent updates or patches, could be worthwhile. Additionally, reaching out to the support channels for your device management solution or consulting community forums might unveil insights or solutions from those who have encountered similar challenges.

0 Kudos