VMware Workspace ONE Community
JohnBatshon
Contributor
Contributor

iOS Notes / Exchange Notes: Best Practices

As our company continues to transition over from the native apps on our iOS devices to Workspace One Boxer we have a growing issue that we really do not have a great solution lined up. How do you get a users exchange notes to cary over to the Boxer solution without having the exchange account set up in the native client as a workaround? We have users who claim they ' need'  notes for many reasons, but boxer doesn't have any sort of notes functionality that would allow us to sync our exchange notes over to our devices. How do you guys overcome this problem? Thanks for any help in advance.
Labels (1)
11 Replies
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

John, I have been waiting for notes to be available in Boxer for 18 months too! When I was at VMworld back in August, there was an announcement that VMware is releasing a new productivity application called ' Notes & Tasks'  but did not provide a release date. I haven't seen anything about it since either. I even Googled it and got NADA! Fingers crossed that it will be available soon.   ~Beth
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I feel your guys pain as that came up right away when we started our transition over to AW/WS1 a year ago. At least thank to VMWorld this year we know they have an app coming so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Most of our users moved on to other options like Evernote or OneNote but the ' Notes & Task'  app will be nice to have once it's available.
0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I just found out that the new Notes & Tasks app is slated for release February 1st.
0 Kudos
JohnMarler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Awesome, I would love to have this ability. Happy to see it coming in February. Was there any official announcement link that I can share with my team?
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've been fortunate enough to deploy Blackberry UEM in addition to AirWatch/WS1. In many ways, WS1 is now playing catch up when it comes to user experience such as releasing apps/features. This is long overdue.
0 Kudos
adamskiheaton
Contributor
Contributor

This is also a concern of mine, I'm currently planning to migrate all our users from our current MDM solution to UEM/WS1, but i know this is going to be a question that's going to be asked of me as a lot of staff use notes.

Glad to hear that there's something penciled in for Feb! Fingers crossed it gets delivered this time!
0 Kudos
JohnMarler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does anyone have an update? I tried searching the iOS App Store and did not see a new app yet 2/5/19
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey John as far as I know nothing has been made official yet, development timelines tend to change based on issues they run into sometimes with other products. Hopefully will see something sometime this month.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like they have finally released their Notebook app 🙂

https://blogs.vmware.com/euc/2019/02/workspace-one-notebook.html
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well looks like they posted that blog post by mistake cause I reached out to support last night to find out when the app would actually be posted to the appstore and they informed me this blog post went out early and that the product is not ready yet. Hopefully will truly see it go GA soon.
0 Kudos
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The app was released but doesn't support modern authentication, so currently you can't use it for o365 mailboxes that do not support basic auth
0 Kudos