VMware Workspace ONE Community
cahillprime
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

iOS Native mail app with OAuth and office 365

My Organization has turned on Modern Authentication for our office 365 environment. We were using the basic and now that profile does not work. I did find the option to use OAuth but need the URL and token URL. We would like to use AirWatch to manage the profile as it is our MDM.

Would our Azure AD Admin need to do a app registration if so i have not found a clear KB article on VMWare or Microsoft end to perform that action. Has anyone here been successful in setting this up for their organization and and provide some solution I can follow. Much appreciated.

I need help on how to set it up, where to retrieve this information and how to perform this action on the needed platform.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In my experience, setting the OAuth URL is not mandatory.
We have successfully deployed the profile pictured below and logged into M365 with the native mailer.(OAuth URL are blank)

ogushia_0-1654522900186.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In my experience, setting the OAuth URL is not mandatory.
We have successfully deployed the profile pictured below and logged into M365 with the native mailer.(OAuth URL are blank)

ogushia_0-1654522900186.png

cahillprime
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank You, We was using basic and just SSL at one time but out organization turn on modern Authorization for everything and 2 factor. Yes Leaving these blank fix my problem of pushing the managed profile down and now working.

What does the URL and Token do if not mandatory just leave a step out?

0 Kudos
ChrisNelsonCA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for that!

I'm wondering though if this would cause the affected devices under that profile to have their profiles completely reloaded, or is it seamless? I remember adding an SSL certificate to a profile and it basically reset the phones under that profile...

0 Kudos
sburnside
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am also wondering if this is seamless or if it causes the profile to be reloaded and the phone to reset.  Does anyone know?

0 Kudos
sburnside
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just confirmed with VMWare that this will prompt all of the devices to log in again to access email.  Keep in mind, that if you are using MFA, this will initiate alot of helpdesk calls as most users do not remember their MFA code.