VMware Workspace ONE Community
kwalesch
Contributor
Contributor

iOS Email account from profile orphaned on unenroll

Im starting to notice when a user unenrolls an ios device from WSO, the email account is sometimes left behind. The associated profile is gone but the account remains and cannot be deleted. If they re-enroll they get a new profile and email account, the bad one is still stuck there.

Started noticing this a few weeks ago, maybe around the time 14.0 came out, but not sure.

Opened a case with vmware, but reaching out to see if anyone here has noticed this

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PeterFlanagan
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed this also, though, perhaps slightly earlier than that. I haven't had time to dig into it but I always get a call from support staff about email not working and there are multiple email profiles on there because of some un-enrollment and re-enrollment. I have yet to be able to reproduce it the times I have tried.

0 Kudos
kwalesch
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found a way to remove the account after the fact? The best I have so far is wipe the device and dont recover from backup.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KarlaM01
Contributor
Contributor

Did you found any workaround or solution?

Please let me know

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is the email account name for the WSO profile something like 'Work Email' - which is rather generic. When I have seen this (long ago), I re-enroll the device. re-install the profile, then remove it. That has worked for me in earlier version. pre-iOS 12. 

0 Kudos