VMware Workspace ONE Community
Zero_Choice
Contributor
Contributor

iOS Boxer 22.11.0 not fetching mails

We use on-prem a WS1 UEM 22.3.0.8. Our SEG runs on a UAG 21.11.1 as an edge service.
With yesterdays released Boxer version 22.11.0 the fetching of mails timeouts. With version 22.10.1 everything works still as intended.

ENS works fine with both Boxer versions.

Does anybody else have similar problems?

Edit: Setting up a new device: Registration in the Hub-App works fine. Boxer also accepts SSO and uses the in the W1 UEM already provided settings. After typing in the user password after a while an error message is displayed: Authentication cannot be completed - Request timed out (Translated from German: Autorisierung kann nicht erfolgen - Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung)

12 Replies
KKamil
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

i have this same,

But i have problem on iOS only . on Android it wroking fine

hccvsphere
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are also experiencing the same issue. We opened a support case. But are there any known workarounds?

Tags (1)
Zero_Choice
Contributor
Contributor

After fiddling a bit more with the new Boxer version I noticed that sometimes it DOES synchronise. For example when you try to open a mail and it tells you that it fetches from the server just push the home button and then re-open the Boxer app. Suddenly the sync magically happened.

Same thing when you pull the list of mails down to trigger a sync manually: Close the app and open it up right away again and you will see all new mails in your list.

JillRieman
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue with Boxer iOS app not synching emails at all or at least not in a timely manner. Problem started the day after the Boxer 22.11.0 version was released. We are also an on-prem environment.

Gantry
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same problem… VMware, please fix the iOS app immediately!

Tags (3)
SerdarSenturkk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have the same problem with our customers on IOS devices, we open a case to vmware and follow the issue. I will share information if we reach the result.

Sentra Technology.

0 Kudos
StephGregGva
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue on all our iOS devices with this latest version of Boxer 22.11.
We are On-Premise 21.11.0.27.

KKamil
Contributor
Contributor

Message from support:

Thank you for contacting the Workspace ONE Support team. As per the issue description, I can see that users are unable to use mail sync after updating to Boxer v22.11.0 on Apple iOS. An SSL/TLS error message is presented.

We have spoken with our internal Boxer team, the engineering team has been made aware and identified the issue and is working on the backend in internal ticket ESC-34693. The Engineering Team is working on deploying the fix in Boxer 22.11.1

They worked on submitting this version to Testflight and you can now verify if it works. After that is verified and the new boxer version is properly tested, we would submit it to Apple to try to get that version in the App Store.

For some of the affected users in the meantime, they can use 22.10.1 or 22.11.1 from Testflight. Once Apple certifies the application, all users will be able to download it via the App Store. Any users that want to get the beta should be able to sign-up here with the desired email address: https://beta-ea.vmware.com/key/getbeta

I understand how important this is for you. As of now, we cannot say any ETA when the new boxer release will be available in the Apple Store but we can assure you this is taken as the highest priority issue (P0) and as we speak our engineering team is working on the same.

SerdarSenturkk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Vmware release newest boxer version pls update the boxer 22.11.1 version , and fix the problem!

0 Kudos
aralesahar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi everyone,

VMware Boxer for iOS v22.11.1 that includes the fix is now available.

Thanks,

Arale

KKamil
Contributor
Contributor

Yep it fix first issse. But right nowi have problem with notfications(by ensv2). Anyone has this same problem ? befor update to 22.11 it was working fine

Gantry
Contributor
Contributor

That fixed email for my company, asking all users to upgrade... Not sure about notifications.

0 Kudos