VMware Workspace ONE Community
RG88
Contributor
Contributor

iOS 16 issues

Good day to you, 

when we are enrolling new apple iphones or ipads with iOs 16 preinstalled it is not allowing directory (AD) sign in. proximity screen will skip log in and go into the home screen. iOS 16 is already in our SaaS environment, so i can update an enrolled device from 15.6 to 16 with it out having any issues. it is just when the device already has iOS 16 and THEN gets enrolled. it enrolls as Default Staging User in our DEP staging OG instead of the AD user. any suggestions as to why? here is version and build info...

Version: 21.11.0.13 (2111)
Build Information: BTA-ACRPA2O7-17d6d547c6b51009c148c4317e9a4c0181f7cadcd0
RG88_0-1663195353189.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
deadeye316
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same issue.  Phones that are already enrolled are fine but any new phone that goes through DEP bypass's the remote screen straight to the home page.  We are on prem, running 2203.  I was wondering if it was a seeding issue of the ios.  

0 Kudos
RG88
Contributor
Contributor

yes. our SaaS environment has yet to have the iOS seed script. i gave them the ok to proceed. but if you are on prem then you have to set up yourself.

VMware tech provided a workaround that seemed to work on a few iOS 16 test devices after i restarted CC services.

workaround : set enrollment restrictions for iOS to greater than equal to 15.4 (or your 15.7 if you have that) or remove restriction entirely

grab seed script here at the bottom 

hope this helps

0 Kudos
deadeye316
Contributor
Contributor

Go to VMware downloads and download the os seed script.  I ran it against the UEM DB and i was able to enroll ios 16 devices.  Vmware tech support was still looking into my ticket.  

0 Kudos
PeterGkc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am 2109 OnPrem and seem to have a similar issue. If a device is iOS 16.x when it is enrolled we cannot deploy applications. And now, for whatever reason, I cannot download anything like patches, etc. 

0 Kudos
PeterGkc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ended up running the OS Seed script and it did fix things at least in our Test Lad. I have never, ever had to run that script before. 

0 Kudos
OSsamamcit
Contributor
Contributor

Just run seed script on the UEM DB and it will work but don’t forget to take a back before proceeding 

0 Kudos