VMware Workspace ONE Community
PeterGkc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

iOS 16.4.1a

Apple released iOS 16.4.1a but I do not see anything in my console for that version. Is is just to run under the regular iOS 16.4.1 update? 

Tags (1)
7 Replies
_Steven
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

• VMware hasn't yet updated their SaaS consoles with the latest iOS update. If you are running On Premises WS1 UEM, you'll likely have to wait for a SQL script that you will have to download from MyWorkspaceONE.com (https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/50103794).
0 Kudos
BarryParidaen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

They have to build new functionality for this. See the KB below. No ETA.  

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/92132#-24

SEBGR44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

the seed script dates from 03/14 there is no version 16.4.1a

0 Kudos
BarryParidaen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Correct. 

Workspace ONE UEM does not currently support reporting on Rapid Security Response installation status or granular management of specific Rapid Security Responses. This means that:

• Devices will not display installed Rapid Security Responses within UEM console Device Details or List Views
  • UEM console cannot trigger installation of specific Rapid Security Responses
  • Compliance Policies, Enrollment Restrictions, and Smart Groups can not target devices with specific Rapid Security Responses installed

The Workspace ONE UEM team is currently developing functionality to report and manage Rapid Security Response installation status.

BarryParidaen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workspace ONE UEM v2212 (22.12.0.15

Was released today with this issue fixed. 

-----

Support for collecting and displaying Rapid Security Response information has been provided via Workspace ONE UEM patch. With this patch applied, devices will display the Rapid Security Response alphabetical character appended to OS version. This will display on both Device List View and Device Details pages. Exporting the Device List View will also include device Rapid Security Response information. Please see below links for patches specific to each Workspace ONE UEM version. 

siddysharma
Contributor
Contributor

So if i understand these patches/hotfixes will just enable display of RSR updates in console , but we cant manage the deployment of RSR updates yet via WS1(in my case on-Prem v22.12.0.17 (2212).

Or i am missing something here , some config that needs to be enabled ?

0 Kudos
MikeAW
Contributor
Contributor

We too, in our tenant are unable to manage the compliance policies for iOS Rapid Security Response versions in VMware UEM.  We are able to see, collect, display Rapid Security Response information in VMware UEM, but not set or manage Compliance Policy. Microsoft supports iOS Rapid Security Response versions in their Intune App Protection Policy Device conditions for conditional launch Block or Warn.   Resolution (and/or timeline) for requirement of managing iOS Rapid Security Response versions Device Compliance Policy Min Version in VMware UEM is needed. UEM ver. 23.2.0.7 (2302)

0 Kudos