VMware Workspace ONE Community
JamieAndersonJa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

iOS 12.4 Update Failing Over OTA

Is anyone experiencing higher then normal issues with updating iOS devices to 12.4 OTA? Updating via iTunes seems to be working OK. The OTA issue we are experiencing is also impacting a subset of our international users as well. Still waiting to hear back from Apple.....

Thanks
Labels (1)
2 Replies
droberson78
Contributor
Contributor

Yes indeed. I've been experiencing this for a minute now and it's got me concerned. Also, I've got a few devices still running 11.3 that need to be updated and Workspace One is not getting the job done. When trying to bulk-update, I may get 2 to 5 devices out of 200 to actually perform the update. IpadOS will be launched soon and I know my organization will want to upgrade. I can't believe that there are two people (you and I) on the planet that experiencing this issue...?

We've got 700+ devices deployed.

0 Kudos
ChaiseCooperCha
Contributor
Contributor

Donnie, iOS updates have been a point of pain for me since taking over MDM at my organization. It took me months to realize that if a device has a passcode, it STILL requires user input even when the device is supervised and I tell it to download/install update. It always takes month for devices to catch up, and the update feature we have simply isn't powerful enough. There are quite a few devices which are always on, but not assigned to individual people, which I want full update control over.
0 Kudos