VMware Workspace ONE Community
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

iOS 12.2 and Intelligent Hub 19.03

We all already know the release of iOS 12.2 changes enrollment process for users with the Intelligent Hub app, The latest release of the Hub app supposed to include an education screen per change history below. However, I do not see any specific screen during the enrollment process. I do see a message titled ' Finish enrollment. Go to Settings app and install downloaded profile to finish enrolling your device' . Is that the same for everyone?

19.03 - Mar 25, 2019

• Education screen for profile installation changes during enrollment

• General usability improvements

Labels (1)
13 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I've seen the screen, but it flashes by real quick. I am now on 19.02 for my server which presents a different screen in safari with a continue button that has an instruction on how to grab the profile from settings.
0 Kudos
mibir
Contributor
Contributor

In our experience the Intelligent Hub app is indeed displaying an education screen however the normal workflow doesn't actually take you to the app at that point - you are in Safari and then directed to go to Settings to install the profile so the end user doesn't actually see the screen unless they decide to go back to the app. Not sure if this is a limitation somewhere within iOS but it seems making the Safari page that pops up have the instructions would be a better place for them.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

The safari instruction screen did not exist in 9.7 server for sure. I've been testing this workflow for a bit. think it's a new workflow in 1902 for me.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Luke, you are simply amazing and right on the money with the console version. How often do you update your environment again? And do you have a test, UAT and a production environments?

I also agree with Michael's comment as well.

Check out this link and let me know your thought. https://bit.ly/2I0El8L

0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I have one on prem environment but also do keep a semi-test in the Cn135 system. I just went from 9.7 to 1811 and then to 1902 this weekend. I upgrade as needed by the new technology coming out. My main driver for upgrade this time was Android Enterprise and the support of the COPE management method. Thanks for the mentions!
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

We plan on upgrading ours to 1902 or later by end of May this year.  Then going forward, we plan on upgrading at least twice a year. I must say having a hybrid environment has its benefits.

I really gotta catch up on Android Enterprise even after attending the summit a month ago.
0 Kudos
Jmosh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey guys, just a heads up with the plan to move to 1902.. It has a known issue if you are planning on using Samsung Mail and pushing the configuration via apps. We have been testing KME/AE within our Test SaaS environment (which runs 1902) for our client and found this issue while working with Samsung.

Support has acknowledged this and that it will be fixed in v1903.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

With the monthly release, I should be running console version 1904 or later which hopefully will resolve all these issues.

Jeff, is your Test SaaS a dedicated environment? The shared SaaS is already running version 1904.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did they skip a version? 1904 is on cn135 but 1903 is supposed to be being applied to the shared saas soon they announced it Tuesday and usually take most of a month to roll out all the way
0 Kudos
Jmosh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey @Thomas we run a dedicated SaaS which is on 1902, but i know cn135 is their beta environment, so it will have the 1904.

@Stephen, i think on cn135 they run whatever is the latest in testing. 1903 was just released to Saas environments, so it ll be a few days before its ready for On-prem (thats my assumption at least).

This is a big assumption, but i think with all the flaws in 1902 they came out with 1903 as a quick fix while they finalize 1904.
0 Kudos
lukaszwa
Contributor
Contributor

The new education screen flashes really quick as Luke pointed out and you can go back to it by the top left return to HUB option so you can actually use the new flow(as we know users dont read - pictures seems to work with them). We have opened a case with VMware after talking to our TAM as its very inconsistent, screen is useless as you don't see it in 50% of enrollments. Also the safari pages change in 1902 is a good idea but this should be available for lower versions of console as well as a patch. We only moved to 1811 for COPE as well and I dont see why i would have to go to 1902 just for a new web page.....

EDIT: end there seems to be a patch for 1811 and 1902 for the Safari info screens now available.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks, Jeff. We are still on 9.4 and I think we might as well go to 1904 instead of 1903.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

19.03 will introduce the long awaited smartgroup update. You can finally group devices by management type: DEP, Android Enterprise, etc.
0 Kudos