VMware Workspace ONE Community
obrienr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hznAdmin - Deploying an additional DATA-VA - Fails with unable to access SSH - 1.5

Hi,

I am using hznAdmin to deploy an additional data-va from the template created during the install process.  The new data-va is deployed successfully, powers on fine.  It boots with the IP of the original data-va, a little strange, but OK as I have changed the originals IP anyway.

The script attempts to connect to SSH three times, then fails.  I can SSH from the configurator to the new data-va with root, without any  issues.

Anyone seen this before, any ideas on resolution ?

Thanks,

Richard.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ghdghhj45
Contributor
Contributor

In fact i have seen that error. :smileygrin:  Lots of fun on that one... for some reason clone was not properly updating certain aspects on the machine, I got past that by editing the /etc/HOSTNAME and /etc/hosts on the newly deployed machine prior to the Configuration seeing it online.  This allowed me to go a bit further but it was short lived, as later bombed out at

ERROR [CONFIG_TASK_SYNC_THREAD] com.vmware.horizon.configurator.vm.remote.impl.OctopusRemoteImpl - Failed to run command

and i was pointed to this.

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/451489

0 Kudos
ThatVirtualBoy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using the latest build 1318295? If not you may need to apply the patch from VMware KB: Installing VMware Horizon Workspace 1.5.0 or deploying a new VMware Horizon Workspace Dat...

>>> thatvirtualboy.com <<<
0 Kudos
obrienr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

This was not relevant, setting were already in place.

I have opened a call with VMware, I will post results.

Thanks for your feedback,

Richard.

0 Kudos