VMware Workspace ONE Community
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

disable automatic updates for IOS for DEP device

Is there a way to disable the auto updates button for for a DEP IOS device?  Also my users get the notification to update I didn't see any restrictions for that I only see OS updates delay days. If I set the delay updates for say 45 days will that work to disable the notification and the auto update button. 2nd question if I did set the delay updates for 45 days and I need to push out the IOS updates through the console for a DEP device before the delay for 45 days , will my IOS update still go through

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

out of curiosity why do you want to disable this?  Apple seems to only push the updates once they have been out for a while and they are confident they will work well.   They seem to be even more cautious with this then the auto download which they usually waited for.
0 Kudos
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

One of my department Airwatch Admin is worried about the App they are using on the Iphone and that if the lastest OS upgrade may cause incompatiablity issues. Sounds like its not possible so I'll relay that message to that department.

0 Kudos
abdalab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is an option to delay the OS updates and I believe that is done via the profiles (Restrictions Profiles_ the rule is ' Delay OS Updates' 
Regards,
AB

0 Kudos