VMware Workspace ONE Community
HCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

configurator fails initial boot configuration - VClogin failed

Hi, doing a complete test environment to demo this so VCenter is up and running obviously and I deployed the VApp to it.

Everything went okay but at the end of the initial configurator boot setup it is trying to authenticate with VCenter Server but

keeps failing.  I put in the IP of VCenter and port=443 and user account which is the same one I am logged into the VSphere

client so I know it works.  It says:

VC login failedCannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password. Failed to validate vCenter Server connection

details.

Not sure if I missed something here.  Thoughts ?

2 Replies
HCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, just to add....I know that for VSphere client I have to enter in the domain\username.  I can't just enter the username alone, I must include domain or login fails.  I notice that the configurator doesn't seem to like using the domain\username format because when I try it again it remembers my last entry and just shows domainusername .... no '\'.  Not sure if this is the reason it is failing or even why I have to enter the domain\useraname format at all.

Also to note....I am using all the included default self-signed certificates.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Got it.....had to enter it in the form of  user@domain in order for it to accept both parts of the credentials.