VMware Workspace ONE Community
GolanNave
Contributor
Contributor

boxer slow performance

Users with a large mailbox and a large number of folders are complaining of boxer slow performance.

When running a search long delay in returning results.
When expending folder list, a long delay in seeing list.  

Users are asking to go back to device built-in ActiveSync client.

What does other experience?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MATTHAYSMATTHAY
Contributor
Contributor

In our experience and testing, there seems to be an issue with email volume as it nears the 7000 - 8000 count in the inbox and depending on the mail sync setting (1 month, 1 week, etc) that will have a significant impact on performance.  We default our setting to a month but have a few users that receive too much mail in that given month so that user has tried 1 week and is now down to 3 days which is working for what he needs.
0 Kudos
JohnMarler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have also seen this and would like it to be much more optimized for better performance.
0 Kudos
GolanNave
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, If the user has less then 10,000 items and sync is set to 3 days things work ok. BUT the search function very slow. Almost un-usfal at times.

I have contacted Vmware about this and they know there is an issue (since Google did an API change.

here is the answer i got:

As discussed, we have a feature request in place for Android boxer search slowness issue and this is not happening on iOS devices.

Our product team considered this as a Feature request and currently we don't have any ETA. The reference number of the feature request is BINXA-3325, and if you ever want an update in regards to this then please call into support and quote the feature request number.

Please let me know if you have any issues.
0 Kudos
laragon
Contributor
Contributor

Today 29/04. I have the same problem of users with enough emails, how did they solve the case?
By default we have configured the synchronization for 1 month.
0 Kudos
GolanNave
Contributor
Contributor

Native mail client in IOS and Gmail in android.

3rd party email client/boxer does not work for us.
0 Kudos