VMware Workspace ONE Community
airwatch93210
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

boxer in internal application

I want to push boxer in internal application, who know the configuration is need for make good configuration ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneDeBlois
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just tried it, it worked fine by downloading the settings. But will the use of Boxer as an internal app help us prevent it from being updated? Thanks in advance for letting know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
msweisberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Currently you can't.  Event though AW provides the apps so you can deploy them as an internal app, pre-configuring is not supported.  That is a feature request and it is on the road map.
0 Kudos
BorjaMerino
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

To configure VMWare Boxer for end-users with no access to Google Play, first publish VMware Boxer as an internal application. This can be done using the Boxer APK from the My Workspace ONE portal. Next, you should add VMware Boxer as a public application in the console and configure the email settings here as required. Make sure that you assign the internal application and the public application to the same Assignment Group.

Once the user enrolls their device, VMWare Boxer will be installed from the internal application and the settings will be downloaded from the public application.
0 Kudos
AnneDeBlois
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Are you sure this is going to work fine? We need to lock down the version so it still works after September 1st, as our Exchange Server is outdated 😞
0 Kudos
AnneDeBlois
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just tried it, it worked fine by downloading the settings. But will the use of Boxer as an internal app help us prevent it from being updated? Thanks in advance for letting know.

0 Kudos
airwatch93210
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, Anne, have you test the update ?
i have the same configuration 😉
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

With this configuration does Android devices ask for the email address and password?  Unlike Apple, when I configured Boxer as a public app and set all the same values as I did with Apple, it was asking me for my email address which is pre-entered for the Apple devices.  I think then it pulled up some page on my device and was going to redirect me to the AW environment tied to my domain.

Thanks.

Steve
0 Kudos
ArianZuta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Steven,
AppConfigs for Android only work in Android for Work (Android Enterprise).
Best Arian
0 Kudos