VMware Workspace ONE Community
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

airwatchagent.msi silent install allowing users to enroll at a later date.

Hey Guys,

got myself in a bit of a pickle, ideally Id like to deploy airwatchagent.msi silently to devices then users will be instructed to enroll by email (right click enroll) and enter their email, username, password, Group ID.

this command works fine but I have to hard code the LGName and the the sign in window appears:

msiexec /i AirWatchAgent.msi /qn ENROLL=Y SERVER=****************** LGName=ITechnology USERNAME=staging@ITechnology.com PASSWORD=****ASSIGNTOLOGGEDINUSER=Y /LOG C:\ITDRVS\WorkspaceONE.log

I also tried the IMAGE-Y command but it doesn't give the user an option to enroll.
AirwatchAgent.msi /quiet ENROLL=N IMAGE=Y

not sure which switches to use in order to achieve the above. I still need to manually create all the department OG's

hope you can help

Kind regards

Stephen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

any ideas guys?

its still prompting the user to enter their Group ID even though I have specified it in the command:

msiexec /i AirWatchAgent.msi /quiet ENROLL=Y SERVER=xxxx.awmdm.com LGName=mediaworks_IT SECURITYTYPE=D USERNAME=staging@ITechnology.com PASSWORD=xxxx ASSIGNTOLOGGEDINUSER=Y /LOG C:\ITDRVS\WorkspaceONE.log

other than this it all works fine, its just not a silent enrolment which it needs to be.

Thanks in advance on any tips

0 Kudos
AaronWhittaker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have had all sorts of issues with the enrollment, here is our install string that seems to be working.

msiexec /i airwatchagent.msi /quiet ENROLL=Y IMAGE=N DOWNLOADWSBUNDLE=true SERVER=xxxxx LGNAME=xxxxx USERNAME=staging@OG.com PASSWORD=xxxx ASSIGNTOLOGGEDINUSER=Y

My understanding is that you need to have the LGName the same as the OG in the Username if you are using the staging account e.g. LGName=Test USERNAME=staging@test.com

Hope that helps

0 Kudos