VMware Workspace ONE Community
dvbgaj
Contributor
Contributor

airwatch vs Jamf

Does any have some experience with Airwatch and Jamf and here I am thinking about Mac management ?. As I can read the have quite the same capebilities. But is making custom scripts and push out to clients is this also supported in airwatch ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LakshmiSriniva1
Contributor
Contributor

I was in the same boat an year ago and picked Airwatch due to it's capability of managing other platforms. If you are looking at managing only Mac OS clients and don't have to any thing to do with other platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, etc.), JAMF is the way to go. To answer your question specifically, custom scripts can be pushed to Mac OS clients using Airwatch  as well. However, JAMF brings more flexibility and custom handling as it is dedicated (almost) for Apple devices.

Again, I strongly suggest considering the Unified End Point Management capabilities of Airwatch before making your choice. Most of the times organizations have to deal with multiple device platforms, and maintaining multiple management solutions may not be an ideal situation considering the buzz around Unified Endpoint Management lately.
0 Kudos
dvbgaj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We already have Intune EMS licenses, that was introduced to cover the other mobile devices. I know we change a bit of subject now, but we are normally supporting Microsoft solutions, but the airwatch looks very interesting. Any pro - cons of choosing airwatch instead of intune

We have the office 365 and azure, so intune looks maybe the best way to integrate with other microsofts products.
0 Kudos
LakshmiSriniva1
Contributor
Contributor

Airwatch has strong management capabilities in terms of Windows 10 and Mac OS devices. For mobile devices, I would say both solutions are competitive. Especially, if you have Mac OS devices, Airwatch wins the competition.

Per-App VPN without the requirement for a 3rd party gateway, Strong Desktop Management Capabilities without the need for SCCM, Unified Self Service Portal and Excellent Remote Support capabilities are just a few of many pros that come with Airwatch.

I don't see any specific cons in choosing Airwatch as it integrates seamlessly with Office 365 and Azure AD. The only thing I suggest to watch out is the the price point as you already have the EMS licenses.
0 Kudos
ROBMISNER
Contributor
Contributor

I did an evaluation of Intune for IOS about a year ago. There are serious shortcomings within intunes Azure design that haven't been addressed. I would be very hesitant to look for intune if you want a fully fleshed out feature set.
If you want a barebones its enrolled with just access to mail and thats it..it can work.

0 Kudos
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Full honesty here as a long time admin in each of these over the years:

AirWatch is great for mobile devices.  It's too clunky for macOS and Windows management with far too many limitations.  It can be done, but it's a chore.
JAMF is great for macOS devices.  It's not good for iOS (and android) and Windows management.  It can be done, but it's a chore.
SCCM is great for Windows devices.  I'd never bother with attempting macOS or iOS or Android management with it (or azure).

Many times our AirWatch TAM tried to convince me that AW was great and evolving for macOS.  It is evolving for the better, sure, but it's lightyears behind JAMF.  While the allure of a single ' agent'  is tantalizing to us all, there are just too many tradeoffs for each product.
0 Kudos