VMware Workspace ONE Community
Udoy_ISEC7
Contributor
Contributor

Zombie Profile / Orphaned Profiles

Hi guys,

1. I read the post from phongsshader and it has nothing to do with my error.
2. I've escalated the error to VMware Support 7 days ago and did not get any feedback from them yet
3. The error can be reproduced
4. WS1 Console (Cloud) 22.12.0.7
5. Admin Role - Console Admin
6. Android only / Work Managed / Samsung Devices ANDR 12/13

- All Profiles + devices are enrolled in the Root OG -> change to Sub OG is ongoing
- There is a profile which is still installed on the device but has been already removed from the console. You can't find the profile in 'Active' nor in 'Inactive' because it has already been > More Action > Manage > 'Delete'd

- So it should should have been gone because its still there and we can't get rid of it. The Profile initially were configured for automatic assignment  so on the device overview you see the Profile tab with at RED X

- When you click on the Profile (ID 41097) something loads and it timed out on "An error has occurred.  Something unexpected happened. If the issue persists, please contact your IT administrator.

So lets do some TS:

I checked the API Explorer - authorized the API AW Tenant and executed the get Profile Request 

https://asxxx.awmdm.com/API/mdm/profiles/41097

Response Body:

{ "errorCode": 400, "message": "Invalid Payload Key.", "activityId": "6e6dce21-505f-466b-985a-ae044a00b175" }
{
"content-length": "102",
"content-type": "application/json; charset=utf-8"
}

I expected a 404 - Profile not found there 

Maybe something is wrong in my API request as well

Unfortunately Debug Verbose Logs wont be generated as the requested reached the device but can't get retrieved so I prosume its a rogue Profile that blocks the whole process and only VMware Support can help. Any other ideas how to check whats going on?

regards Udoy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies