VMware Workspace ONE Community
AmaurySOBACOAma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WorkspaceOne Validation Tool

Hi all, someone else is having trouble with the Validation Tool, regarding the AWCM connection and API? The whole platform works perfectly, while the Tool validation says:

REST API: Not Able to connetct AWCM endpoint: Connection Failed 

I already tried with IP or FQDN, and with / status for the AWCM part, etc.From the server that runs the Validation tool, AWCM URLs and APIs work from a browser ...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

What are you using the validation tool for? Upgrade? It's possible the tool reports false positive assuming everything else is correct.
0 Kudos
AmaurySOBACOAma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

everything is working,

but for the customer, this tool is a proof that I did my job properly.

it is difficult for him to accept that the tool has a bug, and that there are potentially false positives...
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

What server are you running the tool on that it fails from?
0 Kudos
AmaurySOBACOAma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Luke,

yes, I have tried from the one concerned,

and I have tried since Console server too.

Like Thomas Said, maybe a false positive ...
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

You could try and up the tool logging to ' Debug'  prior to starting the tool. This will show you everything it is doing and you might see what the actual issue is. What specific test are you running that you see this error? I'd like to try on mine as well.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The tool seems to try to ping endpoints instead of doing proper connections you may check if a ping to those locations is allowed (I though it was weird but the results file talks about successful pings)  I know many environments block pings but allow proper connections 
0 Kudos
AmaurySOBACOAma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

it's a track, I'm going to see that.
0 Kudos