VMware Workspace ONE Community
MGuldhammer7500
Contributor
Contributor

Workspace one uem 2111 slow console

Hi

Anyone experiencing slow console, especially when clicking a device or app from a search?

My Workspace ONE UEM just got updated to 2111 yesterday from 2109. 2109 had the same issue with slow console. Starting out this morning on 2111 it was flying, and everybody was happy. However a little more than an hour after started working on it, the issue returned.

Could this be an indexing issue of kind?

We have as of now 738 devices in 88 OGs, with 254 assignment groups and 87 different profiles. Could some of these numbers be the reason for what we are experiencing?

We never had the issue prior 2109 in this extend, however we only resently increesed the 254 assignment groups from 50-60.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
ch4mp10n
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using Onprem WS1? or SaaS WS1?

What timing differences are you seeing?

Specific to a certain browser? (Edge/Chrome/Firefox)?

I can see a slight difference in accessing it via version 21.5.0.39,  1-2 seconds to load each click.

0 Kudos
MGuldhammer7500
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the lack of info - im running SaaS WS1. I tried all the mentioned browsers, and tried them on different networks with the same result.

Making a search for a device takes about 1-2 seconds wich is just fine and acceptable, but when clicking that device im seeing 10-15 seconds of load time.

As mentioned, the only difference i have made to our environment, is to introduce those smart-groups.

We are running 21.11.0.3 (2111), but i saw the same pattern in 2109. 

0 Kudos
ch4mp10n
Contributor
Contributor

it could be a smart group or too not working as expected, saasops might be your best bet here for troubleshooting further.

0 Kudos
MGuldhammer7500
Contributor
Contributor

yes you may be right

0 Kudos
cloudmaster2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you on shared cloud or dedicated?  If shared think all instances are running 2111 and newer software takes more resources, also it could be a DB issue.  I have seen before where a DB clean up was needed for slowness issues. 

Hope it speeds up, if you have a support contract I would open up a ticket.

0 Kudos
DavisH
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

We are having the same issue with roughly the same amount of devices. However, we are running in an on-prem environment. We've upgraded 2 more times after upgrading from 2019 and each time the problem has worsened. Users are now not receiving apps, CSV exports are remaining "in que", and devices will not delete. Would you mind letting me know if SAAS ops can provide you with any info? Ill be opening a support case with VMware as well.   

0 Kudos
ch4mp10n
Contributor
Contributor

SaaS Ops is VMware support, just another name for it. it would be best to log a ticket with them.

0 Kudos
rtyler9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've been experiencing extreme slowness on and off since the upgrade of my UEM console to v21.11.0.6 on January 19th. I'm a SaaS customer in the CN888 environment. I have a support ticket open with VMware, and have received little feedback regarding the cause of the slowness. When it starts, it can last for several hours, during which we're basically dead in the water. The console is so slow as to be un-useable. We're also frequently seeing the "sad astronaut" error while attempting to navigate the site. I hope they find a solution soon!

0 Kudos
rtyler9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just another update on this issue. I've had an SR open with VMware since 1/19. The slowness comes and goes, but the problem is definitely not resolved. Support has blamed the problem on SQL timeouts and a bad tempdb file, but can't seem to find a fix that sticks.

My console is in super slo-mo as I write this. Frustration growing by the minute...

0 Kudos
MichaelSchn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Together,

We updated our WS1 on-premise Environment from 21.05 to 21.11 two days ago.

And I can confirm the console is defenitely slower than before sometimes nearly unusable slow since the update.

An IIS or a service restart helps sometime but after a few Minutes to hours it is slow again.

I will also open a case regarding that.

Or does anyone already have a fix for that?
We are also on the latest patch level 20.

BR

Michael

rtyler9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

One more update on Console slowness. As I write this, I'm looking at the sad astronaut because my console has timed out for the 12th time in the past hour. I experienced the same problem on Tuesday morning for about an hour.

I had a ticket open with VMware support for several months but finally closed it out of frustration. Nothing they've done has actually solved the problem.

Anybody else in CN888 seeing this problem, please chime in here.

Thank you

0 Kudos
OssamaMaksoud
Contributor
Contributor

we have the same issue with console version 2111 and we have upgraded to 2206 and also the same issue so it's not related to the upgrade point 

0 Kudos