VMware Workspace ONE Community
dakm4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Workspace error when client tries to launch an app

I get the following error when trying to launch an app from workspace.

Error

Application Manager encountered an error.
Please contact customer service and provide the information displayed below.

Error Code
Server
Timestamp
Fri Apr 05 09:59:58 CDT 2013
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I created this guide for Horizon Application Manager 1.5. It's basically all the same except for Horizon Workspace 1.0 replace the Service-va with the Gateway-va instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Do you see any relevant errors in horizon.log in

/opt/vmware/horizon/horizoninstance/logs/horizon.log

Also, what kind of app are you trying to launch?

0 Kudos
marcony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi sravuri,

I'll join this discussion, as I am having same issues. I am evaluating Horizon Workspace, and tried to add some webapps. I do not have any previous experience with webapps, so I expected that default configuration would be enough.

I tried adding Google Apps, without any change in the default configuration that is displayed in Configuration link. I added several user accounts, and then tried with one user account, to open the webapp. I've got the same error as dakm4.

In attach, I am sending part of horizon.log file. Test1 made with default configuration. In test2, I changed NameIdFormat parameter, using email address from the options combo box. I am not sure how to configure this webapp, to work as it should. I would appreciate any help/explanation how to setup any of the available webapps from VMware catalog.

Marcony

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@marcony

Most SAML apps need some sort of configuration, and will not work straight-away. You will need to set up a few things on the service provider site (in this case, Google Apps) and also on Horizon side.

In the Google Apps app, we have parameterized the domainName parameter, as each company's Google Apps URL will be different.

Please enter the appropriate domainName in application parameters section. You can find it by clicking on Google Apps in the catalog, Then, clicking on Details.

There may be other items missing as well, hopefully this will move us forward to the next exception.

0 Kudos
marcony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi @sravuri,

I can do more tests, in order to move on. Could you plese give me any useful link on Google site, where I can find info about that service, and see which parameters need to be configured, and if I should first register my domain or so?

I suppose that you already configured Google webapps on your side, and hope that you know which procedure I mast pass on Google portal.

As I am still in evaluation phase, I need at least one app configured correctly, to be able to show to my customers. Google was the first I tried, only because of well known service provider. Any other could be OK.

Marcony

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I created this guide for Horizon Application Manager 1.5. It's basically all the same except for Horizon Workspace 1.0 replace the Service-va with the Gateway-va instead.

0 Kudos
marcony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

Thanks for this document. Although not all procedures are the same on Horizon Workspace, reading this document, I was able to register for Google evaluation services, integrate them with my evaluation Horizon Workspace, and test how is everything going on.

Working within my domain, I found no issues. Working outside the domain, I discovered that after logging to Horizon Web, when I try to open Google application, I got Timeout error. My first assumption was that SSO should be disabled on Google end-user-domain administrative portal, so after disabling SSO, everything worked fine also for non-domain machines, except that user must manually login to Google app.

I wonder if it is possible using SSO also in case when I am opening Horizon Web from non-domain machine, and try to activate Google App?

Marcony

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Glad it helped. Domain member or not shouldn't matter. You should get SSO:d into Goggle Apps. Sounds like your setup is still not 100%. Cannot say what is missing though.

0 Kudos
marcony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

what I can tell, is that in my tests, any attempt to start google app from non-domain machine, finished with timeout. I was trying to collect some logs, and looked into access.log file on service-va, but during these attempts from non-domain machine, only initial POST which should launch the google app, was logged, and nothing more. On the other side, from domain machines, all traffic was logged in access.log file.

Then, I unchecked "Enable Single Sign-On" checkbox, in google end-user-domain settings (google administrative portal for end user's domains), and after that, I was able to launch application also from non-domain machines, but from that point on, login dialog box is displayed for every attempt, no matter if from domain or non-domain machine.

If you can give me an idea, which log files to look for, in order to investigate this issue a little bit more?

Marcony

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It still sounds like you haven't got the SAML integration between Workspace and Google Apps correct configured. Horizon doesn't care (in this case) if your client is a domain member or not. You must have SSO in Google Apps enabled or SAML based authentication will not work.

Is it possible to take a couple screenshots of your workspace and Google Apps configuration.. Might help me spot what's wrong.

0 Kudos
marcony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Moderator Edit: Out of office message with personal infomation removed.

Message was edited by: Linjo

0 Kudos
marcony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

in attach, I am sending some screenshots from Google SSO settings, and export from Google WebApp settings from my workspace.

Marcony

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Still hard to say but one thing that is wrong for sure is the links specified in Google Apps for SSO. You must refer to your Horizon Gateway using https:// there is nothing in Horizon Workspace using http://.

What happens when you click on test connection in Horizon Workspace?

0 Kudos
marcony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

concerning my issue, your last suggestion solved it. For some reason, probably due to copy/paste from the document you atteched (containing http links), I configured SSO on Google administrative portal with http instead with https. I didn't noticed that, as I had no issues working from domain workstations. But, when I tried from non-domain workstation, I was not able to SSO in Google, neither to get Google web app.

So, after changing SSO links to conain correct (https) links, everything is fine.

Thanks for help. I shall not sign this conversation as solved, as I am not owner of this conversation.

Marcony

0 Kudos