VMware Workspace ONE Community
bully79
Contributor
Contributor

Workspace (airwatch) question regarding Cloud connector

We have to versions of Airwatch currently until we transition users form the old to the new. The new one is 18.11.0.3 (1811) and the old 9.5.0.9

The cloud connector service is running all the time on the new one. On the old one the cloud connectior runs periodically even though it's set to start automatic (delayed start), and then stops.

If i try to run it manually it stops instantly, but as i say it does periodically run as we get an alert on Solawrinds.

My question is, is this how it supposed to work on the old version of Airwatch?. They ar both set to run as local system account as well.

I presume the cloud connector syncs between airwatch and our backend AD?.

I would greatly appreciate your knowledge and input please, as I'm scratching my head with this one.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rterakedis
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

bully79​ -- If memory serves me, it should still be running full time.   If the ACC (AirWatch Cloud Connector) isn't running, then it won't be available to authenticate users against your Active Directory DC's.  You'll need to check the logs for the ACC to see why it's stopping.   Also, make sure that the server running the ACC has outbound connectivity to AWCM (AirWatch Cloud Messaging).  

bully79
Contributor
Contributor

Firstly, thank you very much for your reply rterakedis. Secondly where are the logs located for me to check please?.

What would be the ideal way to test connectivity to ACM?.

Again thank you for your input.

0 Kudos
rterakedis
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

bully79​ - I believe it depends on how old the ACC is (the log file location has been moved a few times over the years), but you'll probably find the logs in one of the following locations:

• C:\VMware\AirWatch\Logs\CloudConnector\
  • C:\AirWatch\Logs\CloudConnector
  • C:\Program Files\AirWatch\Logs\CloudConnector\

To find your AWCM server URL and Port, go to Settings > Admin > Settings Management > Settings Summary and search for AWCM.   You'll need to look at the override value for "ACMServerExternalUrl" and "ACMPort".  At a minimum, just make sure you can telnet to that URL/Port combo and get connected.  Past that, you'll need to look into the ACC logs to determine what might be causing the issue. 

0 Kudos
bully79
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to say a big thank you for answering my question rterakedis, and also where to look!.

Just to clarify, does the Cloud Connector service need to be running constantly?.

Again happy new year to and for a very detailed reply.

0 Kudos