VMware Workspace ONE Community
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Workspace One UWP App - Launch View / RDS Apps in UWP Horizon Client?

Hi,

Been playing around with Workspace One Win 10 UWP app.  I noticed the UWP app only allows you to launch your View desktop or RDS Apps thru the traditional Horizon View Client, and is not aware of the Win 10 UWP Horizon View Client app.

Does anybody know if there is a way to change this behavior, or if it is on the roadmap?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Basvdijk
Contributor
Contributor

No, there is no native embedded RDS client within the Workspace One UWP App. If you launch a RDS app, the horizon client will popup en launch the published app.

Workspace One is only a portal of all kinds of application delivery. I don't think this wil be available in the future.

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, I know, but what I'm asking is if there is a way to cause it to launch the "VMware Horizon Client UWP" app, instead of the regular windows executable.  The Horizon Client UWP app is a new app separate from the standard Horizon client.

0 Kudos
Basvdijk
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I'm sorry I misunderstood Smiley Wink.

I think this may causes by file type association in Windows 10. Did you uninstall the Horizon View Client (non-UWP) and try again?

The only way it work seamless, without any client, is using the browser and HTML5 (with blast enabled).

file-k9MNOAWD63.jpg

0 Kudos