VMware Workspace ONE Community
moodydoom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Workspace One UEM Compliance Policy Messages

Problem Scenario 1 -

Compliance Policy is set to send email to user.

Selected not to use default message

Created new message template for compliance violation *see image 1 below

Selected to send created message *see image 2 below

System sends default message anyway.

What causes this behavior?

Problem Scenario 2 -

Default Compliance Violation message has a {date} field that calls for today's date.

However, the format it uses is not optimal for our environment.

How can I change the date format it calls from DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY?

Image 1

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.21.00 PM.png

Image 2

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.21.39 PM.png

Moody Molavi
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
moodydoom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good news.

Creating the compliance policy and message templates on a child OG worked. Creating separate compliance policies for different device types on the separate child OGs instead of creating them on the parent OG.

Scenario 1 is solved.

However, I still need the answer regarding changing the date format for {Date} to show as MM/DD/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY

Current Problem State:

Compliance Policy: 1 for iOS and 1 for Android

OG:  Global / Company

Template Locations: Global / Company

Targeted devices:

Global / Company / Company Owned

Global / Company / BYOD

Future Resolved State:

• Compliance Policy: Total of 4 policies (2 for iOS and 2 for Android)
    • OG - Global / Company / Company Owned
      • iOS – Device Last Seen 45/60/75/90 days
        • Escalation Path
          • 45 days – Notify -  Send email to user – Template = Device Last Seen >45 Days
          • 60 days – Notify -  Send email to user – Template = Device Last Seen >60 Days
          • 75 days – Notify -  Send email to user – Template = Device Last Seen >75 Days
          • 90 days – Notify -  Send email to user – Template = Device Last Seen >90 Days (Final Notice)
          • 91 days – Command – Enterprise Wipe/Mark as non-compliant
      • Android – Device Last Seen 45/60/75/90 days
        • Escalation Path
          • 90 days – Notify -  Send email to user – Template = Device Last Seen >90 Days (Final Notice)
    • OG - Global / Company / BYOD
        • Escalation Path
        • Escalation Path
Moody Molavi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RogerDeane
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

moodydoom​​ - I just tested Scenario 1 in my environment and it work as expected (of course).   I received my custom message.  I am running version 2004 of UEM.   A couple questions?

1. What version of UEM are you running?

2. SaaS or On-Prem?

3. Do you have any other compliance policies?

4. Is this using the Compliance Engine in UEM or the Actions in Intelligence?

I don't know about Scenario 2, maybe someone in the community knows.  I will ask around inside the product team.

Thanks!

Roger

0 Kudos
moodydoom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Both my On-Prem acceptance and production environments are running the following:

Version: 20.1.0.7 (2001)

Build Information:

I ran the process in my acceptance environment, and lo and behold, it works there. It sends the message selected instead of the default one.

I am looking for any differences in my configurations, and I cannot find any yet.

I have several compliance policies. We use Compliance Engine in UEM.

Moody Molavi
0 Kudos
moodydoom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good news.

Creating the compliance policy and message templates on a child OG worked. Creating separate compliance policies for different device types on the separate child OGs instead of creating them on the parent OG.

Scenario 1 is solved.

However, I still need the answer regarding changing the date format for {Date} to show as MM/DD/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY

Current Problem State:

Compliance Policy: 1 for iOS and 1 for Android

OG:  Global / Company

Template Locations: Global / Company

Targeted devices:

Global / Company / Company Owned

Global / Company / BYOD

Future Resolved State:

• Compliance Policy: Total of 4 policies (2 for iOS and 2 for Android)
        • Escalation Path
        • Escalation Path
        • Escalation Path
        • Escalation Path
Moody Molavi
RogerDeane
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

moodydoom​ - OK, some good news/bad news on the date format in the compliance message.   Bad news is that you can not change the format from mm/dd/yyyy.   The good news is that I spoke to the PM about this and they are going to change the format from a numeric month to the three letter abbreviation of the month so when it appears in the message it will look like Jun 11, 2020 instead of 06/11/2020.    This is the best that we could do, hope that helps.

Roger

moodydoom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That is perfect! The current date format shows June 11, 2020 as 11/6/20. Adding the alpha representation of Jun 11, 2020 will help our IT department to be seen less as elitists. It’s the little things like this that can distract our customers from our goal to provide them helpful documentation.

Moody Molavi
0 Kudos