VMware Workspace ONE Community
AmaurySOBACOAma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workspace One Boxer Issue since Last Update

Hi,

We have several iOS Devices which shows that boxer is blocked on unmanged devices, even if the devices are clearly managed.
It began this weekend, since an update for boxer available on Apple App Store.

"App Access Denied" Your Admin has restricted access to unmanaged applications ......

Already read this article :

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/85512

And generate the report, 

All Boxer Apps are "Managed" ...

And Settings "Make app MDM Managed If User installed" is already ok

Any idea ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dirtydiesel
Contributor
Contributor

We've also had the same issue, started 20/8/21.

Only on IOS devices, I've unenrolled 2 of the devices and re-enrolled today and had the same issue.

0 Kudos
AmaurySOBACOAma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

No Update since your last message ?

0 Kudos
Dirtydiesel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi AmaurySOBACOAma

I have since the below message opened a case with vmware and someone should be dialing in today to check our environment but on their initial message they said "This is an issue that our product team has been made aware of and have been actively working to correct the issue." so i'm not sure if there is a issue with the boxer app as well.

How are you getting on with the issue?

0 Kudos
AmaurySOBACOAma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With 3 affected devices :

One is still blocked.

One Working, but the user told me he was asked te recreate passcode on boxer

Last One Was blocked on monday, but now ok after delete and reinstall of the application ...

Could you please give me an update as soon as support take a look on your environnment ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Dirtydiesel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello AmaurySOBACOAma,

The VMware engineer dialled in and found our Apple APN certificate had expired, once this was renewed most of the handsets started working again, a couple we had to uninstall and reinstall via the workspace one uem and i'm still waiting to hear from a couple of users but were in a better position than before.

This is how we renewed the certificate:
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2960965?lang=en_US

0 Kudos