VMware Workspace ONE Community
kenw-auvilfruit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Workspace One Access and UAG

I have a simple environment using Horizon 8 and App Volumes with FSlogix for my profile settings.  My question is this, if I use Workspace One access do I really need a UAG since the Access servers can direct traffic to my loadbalancer?  Seems like adding a UAG to the mix just adds another "hop" in the process of simply providing a desktop to a end user.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WorkAnywhere
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

It depends, you can have an UAG between your LB and your WS1 Access, in order to increase security, if you do not apply any security on the LB itself. Which means that if you use a LB that supports WAF and other security mechanisms (ex. block the /SAAS/auth/0 from external access, etc...), you do not really need an UAG. Some clients implement UAG between the LB and WS1 access in order to have 2 hop DMZ as it is needed from their architecture requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

WA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WorkAnywhere
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

It depends, you can have an UAG between your LB and your WS1 Access, in order to increase security, if you do not apply any security on the LB itself. Which means that if you use a LB that supports WAF and other security mechanisms (ex. block the /SAAS/auth/0 from external access, etc...), you do not really need an UAG. Some clients implement UAG between the LB and WS1 access in order to have 2 hop DMZ as it is needed from their architecture requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

WA

0 Kudos
kenw-auvilfruit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WorkAnywhere,

Thank you for the reply.  I really appreciate your advice.  My load balancer fully supports WAF so it sounds like I would be ok to just use WS1 Access in the DMZ pointing my users to my internal load balancer sitting in front of my connection servers.

Ken

0 Kudos