VMware Workspace ONE Community
Milos007
Contributor
Contributor

Workspace ONE -enrollment devices

Hello everyone,

I started with the installations of workspace one environment in the cloud (SaaS). We got a tenant for Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Accessin cloud. We did the integration of UEM and Access with our AD. The plan is to integrate corporate and user devices into the UEM and to use a container for corporate devices through which applications will be delivered. Also, in order for users to be able to access certain files within the company through their devices, the plan is to introduce a UAG (unified access gateway) in the environment.

I encountered several problems:

1. We wanted to do autodiscovery functionality, ie to enable users to do enrollment through their devices, through the intelligent hub using their corporate email (on workspace one uem we entered email domain and confirmation email but the confirmation email is in pending status (not in complite). Does anyone know what the problem might be? Synchronization between UEM and AD as well as between UEM and Workspace ON access.

2. Once we have added the email domain it is not functional to add the device to the UEM using domain users. Before that, this worked. Do you know what could be the problem?

3. We deleted a device profile that was linked to one smart group. Now we can't delete that smart group because it is tied to the device profile that was actually deleted. Do you know how this smart group can be deleted?

4. Is it necessary to have installed in the on-premise environment workspace one connector or is it enough to enable the option from the UEM console to do the UEM synchronization with Workspace ONe Access?

5. Is there a possibility to restore Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access to factory settings and how is it possible to possibly start from the beginning to configure the environment?

6. Do you have any useful link / material to most easily configure our Workspace ONE environment?

Best regards,

Milos

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AaronWhittaker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We don't use SaaS or email so I can't comment on all of it but in regards to number 3, have you checked the filters to see if there is still something deployed to the group that is in an inactive state?

0 Kudos
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Milos,

1. Did you ever receive the confirmation mail and did you click on the 'confirm' button in the mail?

2. I've never tried to add a user while a domain was pending, I'd finish the conformation process before adding new devices.

3. Like AaronWhittaker​ said, check for any deactivated profiles.

4. AFAIK, you can't sync users from WSONE to Access. You can only use WSONE as an authentication method in Access. The access connector is lightweight and doesn't have to be installed on a dedicated server. Keep in mind that the newest connector (20.01) doesn't support VMware Horizon apps in Access.

5. You can open a support request with VMWare. It wasn't possible the last time I asked (4 years ago).

6. I really like new the VMware | Docs and there are a ton of helpful guides in the VMware TechZone.

Hope I could help in some way.

Cheers!
Max

0 Kudos
CtrlAltDarren
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Some great questionshere, hopefully I can help.

1. We wanted to do autodiscovery functionality, ie to enable users to do enrollment through their devices, through the intelligent hub using their corporate email (on workspace one uem we entered email domain and confirmation email but the confirmation email is in pending status (not in complite). Does anyone know what the problem might be? Synchronization between UEM and AD as well as between UEM and Workspace ON access.

Darren - Check the SMTP Settings under Enterprise Integration>Cloud Connector and then Advanced. SMTP should eother be "disabled" or a valid SMTP server set up. Im assuming your not receiving the email to validate the autodiscovery. (Screenshot attached)

2. Once we have added the email domain it is not functional to add the device to the UEM using domain users. Before that, this worked. Do you know what could be the problem?

Darren - Once the auto discover has been enabled, then email look up should be working fine.

3. We deleted a device profile that was linked to one smart group. Now we can't delete that smart group because it is tied to the device profile that was actually deleted. Do you know how this smart group can be deleted?

If its giving you an error, i would advise to log with support.

4. Is it necessary to have installed in the on-premise environment workspace one connector or is it enough to enable the option from the UEM console to do the UEM synchronization with Workspace ONe Access?

Good question, comes up a lot. They have slighlty different functionality. ACC is fine for all usecase with UEM, for anything Horizon VDI or advanced authentication with Acces, then would recommend the Access connector too. See Mastering Workspace ONE Access | VMware

5. Is there a possibility to restore Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access to factory settings and how is it possible to possibly start from the beginning to configure the environment?

Darren - Nope. Best to ask for a new tenant.

6. Do you have any useful link / material to most easily configure our Workspace ONE environment?

You can find the Mastering Workspace ONE | VMware

- Darren
0 Kudos