VMware Workspace ONE Community
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Workspace ONE Web & Hub Passcode

Hi all,

For some reason when I open WS1 Web app it asks to create a passcode. This also happens when I try to open intelligent hub. On Android same is happening on the web app. I can't figure out what setting I changed to get this to appear. Can someone help me out remove it as it will make my users go crazy!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @TUMAS 

Could you check settings under All Settings>Apps>Settings and Policies>Security Policies I think you have set there authentication type to passcode. You should disable if you do not whant to authenticate when accessing VMware apps. Also remember that this setting can be changed on every OG.

rsaulitis_0-1604990748481.png

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks seems like it did the trick!

I am also having this issue with passcodes.. We had intune before opting for workspace one. So our C level management were used to having a fingerprint when they open outlook or teams. Now on iOS this feature doesnt work. Works only on Android. Try explain that with no finger on iOS is still safe 🙂

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Intune is Microsoft product so it was normally that you could force Microsoft apps to use Biometrics authentication. From WS1 you can force VMware apps to use passcode and allow biometrics authentication. If all is correctly configured when device is added to WS1 it should ask to create passcode for HUB app and use same passcode for other VMware apps. With option allow to use biometrics when users access VMware apps it will allow to authenticate with biometric. It should not ask to create every time a new passcode.  About MS apps like Outlook, users seems will need manually see in app settings if there is option to authenticate with biometrics when opening app. Also, maybe it could be possible to push some profile with XML configuration for third party apps, but I'm nut sure about that.

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I thought it could be possible with XML for Teams and Outlook but here is no option to upload XML. 

With regards the passcode option. It just asked me to re autenticate with my IDP. Not sure if its a one off or will keep asking me every time i open MS teams

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would say it's possible to push profile with XML configuration. For that purpose is Custom Setting payload in profile. See link below.

iOS

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/1907/iOS_Platform/GUID-AWT-PROFILECUSTOMSETTS.ht...

Android

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/2001/Android_Platform/GUID-AWT-AFWPROFILECUSTOM....

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the links! managed to view the XML but have no idea how to inject the biometrics feature in there. Have you done this before?

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry no idea.

0 Kudos