VMware Workspace ONE Community
mabdelhamid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Workspace ONE UEM v2111 Upgrade- onprem

Hello,

We have Workspace ONE UEM 2008 on prem, is it ok if we directly upgrade to v2111 or we should go to intermediate version first?

as from this link

:https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/2105/UpgradeGuide/GUID-PerformUpgrade.html

it says:

Open the Workspace ONE UEM Database XXXX Setup.exe executable by right-clicking and running as administrator, where XX is the next Workspace ONE UEM version from the one you are running.

so, I'm a bit confused.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @mabdelhamid,

According to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix, you can directly upgrade from 2008 to 2109. It seems VMware hasn't added 2111 to the Upgrade Path yet. I recommend you to ask via an SR if this is a supported upgrade path.

You must upgrade the database first before you can start upgrading the Console(s) and Device Services.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @mabdelhamid,

According to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix, you can directly upgrade from 2008 to 2109. It seems VMware hasn't added 2111 to the Upgrade Path yet. I recommend you to ask via an SR if this is a supported upgrade path.

You must upgrade the database first before you can start upgrading the Console(s) and Device Services.