VMware Workspace ONE Community
nickmurison
Contributor
Contributor

Workspace ONE UEM reports incorrect compliance status after upgrade

Our managed Workspace One UEM instance was upgraded earlier this week, and ever since we've seen false positives in our Compliance Policy results.

Specifically: we know all our Macs are encrypted, but a Policy we configured to check this now reports that none of them are compliant. We've tried re-creating the policy check but it still reports all devices as being out of compliance.

Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
JeremyWillard
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to our environment this week after it was upgraded to 2212.  I also saw reports on the MacAdmins Slack of this happening, but no one seems to have a fix.  I've got a ticket in with support but haven't heard back yet.

As a workaround, I've just got a sensor running "fdesetup status" on all of our Macs so we can at least get accurate data.  But we also have additional actions to re-encrypt and send a notification baked into our compliance policy, so at the moment we're missing those.

0 Kudos
JeremyWillard
Contributor
Contributor

We got confirmation from Vmware that UEM 2212 broke the encryption compliance policy.  Version 2212.0.3 resolved the issue for us, so reach out to them if you're not on the .3 patch.

0 Kudos