VMware Workspace ONE Community
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workspace ONE Privacy App

I'm curious does anyone actually use this or find value in it? I'm guessing with all the new privacy screens built into Hub, Boxer, etc thanks to GDPR that this thing is going to be deprecated at some point.

I would to see them release an actual Privacy App that could alert users to changes made by admins in real time but at the very least I think this current app needs a refresh and updated branding since it still says AirWatch instead of Workspace ONE. 

https://whatisworkspaceone.com/privacy/

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jbarzFunk32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think it depends on what environment you are in. I also work for a Healthcare organization and the Privacy app is great for our providers and physicians that think we are Big Brother and controlling personal items on their device once they enroll into Workspace ONE. This app gives at least some transparency on what we are using Workspace ONE to provide them.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I agree Jeff that something is better than nothing but considering they now get prompted with privacy screens when enrolling from both Hub and Boxer I just have to wonder if the privacy app is actually being looked at since they get bombard with those from the start.  I really wish they provided us with a way to monitor engagement with the app so we could see if users were actually opening it or not. Also find it frustrating that they still don't fully support it on Android Enterprise, anyways thanks for the feed back glad to hear we aren't the only ones who currently deploy the app to iOS users.
0 Kudos
RADP
Contributor
Contributor

My company is still using it. I dont have any research about how many users is actually reading the info inside it but its there if 1st Line ever get a question about it. During initial enrollment when AW was still new to all users i know many of them was interested in what degree they where supervised.
Regards,
Robert
0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to automatically get it pushed on the work profile? On iOS it gets pushed automatically but on Android its a different story. I only managed to get a shortcut to push on main homepage but user has to approve it. If user cancels it then it will not get pushed to device. 

Is there a way to get it pushed to the workprofile?

0 Kudos