VMware Workspace ONE Community
CatalinN
Contributor
Contributor

Workspace Access One version 3.3.6 - STARTTLS issue

Hello,

I need your help in the following situation, I implemented a VCF solution on Dell VxRail and one of the problems is that in Workspace One version 3.3.6 when you create a user, an email is sent to that user to activate the account and set the password, I configured the SMTP server but I still get the error that no email was sent.

In the appliance logs, it is clearly written that in order to send an email to the exchange server (outlook Microsoft 365 is used), STARTTLS must be configured. Back in the SMTP configuration interface in Workspace One 3.3.6 , there is no box to select SSL/TSL or STARTTLS or the verify configuration button as found in the other Workspace One 20.x and so on.

Unfortunately, it will not be implemented with active directory. I don't even know what to believe, is it another approach or is it a problem with this product or I'm missing something in the implementation process? What would be the next steps? Should I install an exchange and have it configured only with port 25?

Thank you,

C

0 Kudos
0 Replies