VMware Workspace ONE Community
AnthBro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows Preview Server

I am currently trying to access a word document and am getting the error "Sorry, an error has occured"

The file was saved in workspace data, it is a docx saved in office 2010.

When I installed the Windows Preview Server, I installed a w7 enterprise machine with office x64 sp1, I used my service account which has local admin rights on that box to run the install for horizon preview it created the users correctly rebooted and logged on as the horizon user without error.

I ran the command for each class of service as listed in the install guide and then rebooted the data server just to make sure, but I still get the above.

I only have one COS and it is the default.

I did go into the admin console and if I either try to edit the default COS or create a new COS I get the message Unable to get Class of Service.

If someone can let me know which is normal behaviour above and which is not, and what I can do to start troubleshooting, (i.e. which log etc.)

that would be great.

Thanks

Anthony

Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company he works for.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnthBro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So here's something weird I tested on my iOS apps and they ARE previewing ok.

I now believe there is just something with my windows desktops, will check and see if I can work out why

Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company he works for.
0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you tried a different browser? Chrome works very well for me..

0 Kudos
AnthBro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep tried no luck. Havne't had time to go back to this yet, will update soon.

0 Kudos
eucluke
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen errors like this before, have you tried disabling the firewall on your preview server and then try again? Also make sure UAC is disabled on the preview server.

0 Kudos