VMware Workspace ONE Community
rpara
Contributor
Contributor

Win 10 application deployment

When pushing out application installs to Win 10 systems, some are getting stuck with ' Install Command Ready for Devices'  and the application is not getting installed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
shawnwat2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
rpara
Contributor
Contributor

Its a MSI file.This is the error message in the Event Data.

Event Data
Old Value
New Value
Event Data
Old Value
New Value
Error Code  Exec Status : False, True, Add Status
Application  Zscaler
Application Version  0.0.3139
Message Text  Device Failed to Process the Command
Application Type  Internal
Application Bundle  {EB5174F4-6CEC-4999-9605-5A5D5D5EFAC2}
Application ID  27067
Description  Successfully Added, Failed to Execute Install Command
0 Kudos
TimLeclerc
Contributor
Contributor

I have been digging into this problem extensively as well and have come to discover that one of our group policies is causing this error.  When I remove the group policy the install goes just fine, when I re-apply the group policy the install fails with the same error code.  On the end user machine run gpresult /v and it should tell you what group policies (if any) are being applied.  For my issue, I have discovered that it is the group policy, but not what part of the group policy specifically as there are a number of things that are being applied.  If you sign into a test computer as an admin, does the install succeed?
0 Kudos
vinodpun
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen this issue with anything from msi to exe to a BSP application if it is auto deployed. It would be stuck in queue and device will show as ' Device has been known to be in this state from 'n' days'  while the device is constantly checking in
0 Kudos
shawnwat2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On our issue, we never got a real answer on what caused it.  The solution was to build the zip files on a different machine.  The amazingly frustrating part is it will NEVER time out and you have to manually remove it from every machine's queue before it will move on to the next install.
0 Kudos