VMware Workspace ONE Community
HimanshuMishra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wifi profiles with user based certificate not installing -Thread was being aborted.

Hello All, 

We are having issue with wifi profiles which contains user based certificates are not installing on Apple devices. It started this week and impacted newly enrolled devices. It is very inconsistent though. Sometimes the profile with certificate is pushed within 5 minutes, and sometimes it keeps failing. Under "Troubleshooting" in console, it shows certificate request failed and "Thread was being aborted." message. It keeps trying every minute, so I am guessing that it might be throwing a lot of pending actions in the queue on servers. We are on-prem, 20.1.0.25. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JanOlschewski
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
same on our site. We trying to deploy office 365 and WLAN certificates and seeing the same error randomly.

We are on prem 20.11.0.9

Greatings

0 Kudos
HimanshuMishra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @JanOlschewski 

There is a folder on device servers that seems to be holding the certificates before they are released to the devices.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Request\Certificates 

To fix the issue, I renamed the folder to backup > repushed the profile to devices > it will automatically create the "Certificates" folder.  I renamed the folder on all the device servers and it has been working for us. 

Good luck!