VMware Workspace ONE Community
HaiDo
Contributor
Contributor

Wifi not automatically selected for on Android devices

Hi, 

We have an uncommon behavior on Android devices with WiFi network, we tried to deploy 2 WiFi networks

- One "WiFi Guest" with a sign in portal (user needs to sign in to use this WiFi) - this one is set as "Set as Active Network'

- One "WiFi Pro" with WPA/WPA2 (SSID, password)

Both are pushed to the device but on the device, "WiFi Guest" is not selected automatically, and the device connects to none of the 2 listed WiFi networks. 

Have you guys experienced this problem before and any ideals for resolutions/explanations?

Thank you in advance 

Best regards,

4 Replies
PMareshchenkov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi HaiDo,

We've experienced the same issue recently (maybe update from Airwatch broke something?)

In WiFi profile we had Security protocol: Any (Personal)
Then I found out that is saves WiFi network on android device like: "None/Enhanced open" which obviously is not equal to our WiFi protocol

Then we changed Security protocol in AirWatch, that matches our WiFi settings, and it starts working.

So I suggest to you check that WiFi protocol in AirWatch is equal to WiFi that you trying to connect.

HaiDo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you for your feedback 

We will try this test then 

0 Kudos
alex17pat
Contributor
Contributor

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to make sure WiFi automatically reconnects.

0 Kudos
SEBGR44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good morning

There was a Google security patch from June 2023 which requires you to set a domain for wifi

Sincerely

0 Kudos