VMware Workspace ONE Community
Dmort93
Contributor
Contributor

Why is AirwatchService taking up 100% of CPU

Recently we've had several of our windows users reporting the task scheduler running a service called AirwatchService that is taking anywhere from 50-100% of the CPU and causing the windows laptop to become unusable because of the lack of resources. Has anyone experienced this? I'm not sure what would be causing such high usage or what the AirwatchService even does. I've reached out to support but thought I may reach more people here.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Any status updates from Support?

You can leverage Sensors to pull the CPU usage of a process like TaskScheduler to see what the usage is across all of your devices, a sample is provided here: euc-samples/os_cpu_usage_processname.ps1 at master · vmware-samples/euc-samples · GitHub

There are many factors that will cause the service to increase its resources, such as running Sensors, Products, installing apps, applying Baselines. It might be helpful to remotely collect the devices logs. You can do this on the device's detail page, then click More Actions -> under Admin click Request Device Log.

Can you also provide the Workspace ONE UEM console version and the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub version you are using? Also, the Windows 10 edition and build version?

Troubleshooting Windows 10: VMware Workspace ONE Operational Tutorial | VMware is a helpful tutorial to better understand our Windows management solution and how to troubleshoot issues. I am currently working on updating it with the latest info. Stay tuned!

Feel free to follow my updates, connect, or check out other helpful Windows content: Josué Negrón's posts on VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone

0 Kudos
Dmort93
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response Josue. I've found that asking the affected users to run windows updates seems to fix the problem. Support just told me that is the service that handles the sample check-in but couldn't really speak to why we are seeing a sudden spike like this. I'll give that sensor a try and collect the logs. We are on 20.08 and using hub version 20.08 as well. It's Win10 Pro version 2004.

0 Kudos
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sounds great! Some good news was just announced as well: VMware Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for Windows 10 Release Notes

The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub 20.10 for Windows version has "improved the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for Windows launch, performance, and resource consumption."

0 Kudos