VMware Workspace ONE Community
flix21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where did the "Export this Application" button go in version 1.8.0?

I'd like to export some application configurations from a 1.8.0 portal but cannot figure out how to do this.  In version 1.5 there was a large green button at the bottom of the application configuration page named "Export this Application".  In version 1.8.1 there is a button named "Export" next to the delete button at the bottom of the page.  I don't see this in version 1.8.0.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In 1.8.0, what kind of application are you looking to export? We only allow "Web Applications" to be exported. We did not change anything between 1.8.0 and 1.8.1 in this area.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In 1.8.0, what kind of application are you looking to export? We only allow "Web Applications" to be exported. We did not change anything between 1.8.0 and 1.8.1 in this area.

0 Kudos
flix21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was trying to export a Web Application Link application.  I looked at some of the application that are SAML 2.0 Web Applications and those do have an export button.  You are correct, this is the same in 1.8 and 1.8.1.  What's the thought behind not allowing Web Application links to be exported?

0 Kudos
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Applications that require a lot of configuration were the ones we thought were the candidates to be exported. Does your web link applications require a lot of configuration?

0 Kudos
flix21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

They do not require a lot of configuration, but it still saves me time when recreating the apps on other portals or, in this case, when I am rebuilding the portal and will need to recreate all of the apps.  It is particularly helpful because the export contains the icon for the application.  Without the export option, I can only document the settings and then I have to locate the application icon so I can upload it again.  Even with the export option, I still need to document the entitlements because they are not included in the export (at least they weren't last time I tried it).  What would really help me is one button (or API or command) somewhere that kicked out a file bundle containing all of applications, their complete configurations including entitlements, and their icons.  I can see two scenarios where this kind of an export or query would help.  One would be for duplicating portal configurations to other portals or for restoring a portal configuration following a rebuild.  The other would be to help with auditing so that I could more easily show that certain applications are only entitled to certain users and that their configuration matches what is documented in the change request to add the application.

0 Kudos