VMware Workspace ONE Community
DenisdeWit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Webmail proxy for SEGv2

I can't seem to find any information in the documentation about this. Currently at all of my customers we still install the Classic SEG because of the Webmail proxy capabilities. I can't seem to find this option in SEG V2 or are I'm missing something? I'm looking for a solution for this since VMWare announced End of Support for the Classic SEG per May 2019.

Denis
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Denis, I'm not familiar with webmail proxy in relation to SEG, but I do know our Exchange is configured to accept EAS request from SEG URL with an exception setup in place just in case bypass is ever needed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DenisdeWit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No one has an answer for this? I guess it's not possible then. If it isn't possible, how do you make sure only enrolled devices can access ActiveSync Email? You need to do something on the Exchange server in order to block ActiveSync from the regular Webmail URL and only make it available through seg..
MarkPuchalski
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We're not yet fully deployed, but once we are, we'll be utilizing IP Address and Domain Restrictions in IIS to only allow the SEGs to contact ActiveSync on the Exchange servers.  There are a lot of docs out there that talk about this.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Denis, I'm not familiar with webmail proxy in relation to SEG, but I do know our Exchange is configured to accept EAS request from SEG URL with an exception setup in place just in case bypass is ever needed.

0 Kudos
SebastianGomezS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We didn't know this was an option but what we do is we have all devices quarantine by default on the Exchange server and approve as needed.
0 Kudos