VMware Workspace ONE Community
Tkdehass
Contributor
Contributor

WebClips

Trying to set up Bookmarks or web clips for the home screen of the iPad's we are working with, after I set them up within the profile being used and push it to the iPad's nothing ever shows up, any suggestions? I am not sure if I have a restriction set that may be blocking it from pushing the bookmarks to the home screen or not, It also will not allow me to manually create the bookmarks and send them to the home screen from the iPad as well so I feel like I am overlooking something if anyone could assist, thank you!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Review your restriction profile for the show/hide app section. Or temporarily, disable the restriction profile and see if the web clips appear.

0 Kudos
Tkdehass
Contributor
Contributor

I only have a few restrictions on apps that are not needed, like home, the appstore and a few others that I wouldn't believe would affect it, I tried removing them all from the hide and the clips still don't seem to appear hmmm....

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

What if you remove/un-install the restriction profile altogether temporarily?

0 Kudos
Tkdehass
Contributor
Contributor

If I remove it completely yes I can manually add the bookmarks but I am not sure about the webclips I haven't tried it, I would have to probably test out a new profile with just the webclips and see if they populate.

0 Kudos
Tkdehass
Contributor
Contributor

Spoke with support and actually got this figured out, thank you everyone!

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

So what was the issue?

0 Kudos
Tkdehass
Contributor
Contributor

Everything was set up correctly but I was missing the com.apple.webapp in the show apps section, I was also putting apps in the hide and show section so they were conflicting with one another lol, live and you learn.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks! That's new info to me as well and I updated my blog post on this subject for future reference.

https://techiecheng.wordpress.com/?p=3961

0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tkdehass​ you sir are the man. Thank you for posting the part about com.apple.webapp I had asked support before how to do this and they told me it wasn't supported. Now I can finally move away from hiding apps and instead just show what I need :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I totally agree!

0 Kudos