VMware Workspace ONE Community
Alethay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Web application access

Hello everybody,

i'm trying to access some web application residing on internal network from internet through workspace portal 2.1.

i've added the application in the catalog simply copying the internal URL, with no authentication profile. From the internet i'm able to access the user portal and see all the app and desktop as well. No problem accessing the desktop as i set the security server url in the external network range, but when i try to access the application, another browser window are opened that point to my internal url that obviously is not resolvable.

The question is, my web application must be published on internet or, as i expected, is the workspace portal that must act like a "reverse proxy" to my internal web application?

Thank's a lot

Ale

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Workspace Portal will not reverse proxy nor tunnel traffic to internal resources. You must either connect a VPN, publish the application on Internet or use Airwatch with per application VPN functionality. Workspace manage entitlement but clients must be able to connect to the resource.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Workspace Portal will not reverse proxy nor tunnel traffic to internal resources. You must either connect a VPN, publish the application on Internet or use Airwatch with per application VPN functionality. Workspace manage entitlement but clients must be able to connect to the resource.

0 Kudos