VMware Workspace ONE Community
Zeilon
Contributor
Contributor

We can not longer access the "user" workspace

Hi

We had a disk crash recently and after this users can not acces the workspace webinterface. Also the windows client fails to connect.

Login to https://gateway.corp.local/admin works just fine

Login to https://gateway.corp.local wont work.  Nothing happens.. web page just times out.. same with the win client.

What could cause this error?

/Zeilon

0 Kudos
10 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What browser are you using.. I've seen something similar using Chrome. Have you tried Mozilla Firefox?

Have you deleted cached items and history in your browser?

0 Kudos
Zeilon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Peter

I used Chrome and also tried it now with Mozilla. sam Error (ie. Nothing happens)

Yes cache deleted as well as history.

All seems to work except for user login.. 😕

/Zeilon

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You mentioned a disk crash.. is it the nfs store connected to data-va? Can you please check for any logs on data-va? /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

0 Kudos
Zeilon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Yes we had a diskcrash on the host where our Horizon Workspace is installed. However the workspace server was not affected but we had 2 days of downtime..

We are not using NFS share if it what you aksed for?

In the log i can see that it seems to have som issues to connecto to database.

2013-09-26 08:58:31,319 WARN  [main] [] misc - Could not establish a connection to the database.  Retrying in 5 seconds.

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: getting database connection

ExceptionId:main:1380178711319:282125517e99564e

Code:service.FAILURE

at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException

/Zeilon

0 Kudos
Zeilon
Contributor
Contributor

Any thoughts on how to make this work again?

/Zeilon

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You'd better be opening an SR with GSS, as you need better assistance than this forum thread.You should attach there the /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log from data-va, and /opt/vmware/log/*.log from gateway-va.log. 

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hey Zellon, you need appropriate support, please open an SR with GSS with a description of the issue, a reference to this forum thread, and also add /opt/zimbra/log/mysql_error.log from data-va, as well as its /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log file AFTER running the following command:

#ssh as sshuser, then become root on data-va

su - zimbra

zmstorectl restart

0 Kudos
Zeilon
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanx

'

/Zeilon

0 Kudos
Zeilon
Contributor
Contributor

We managed to "solve" the problem.. At least i managed to login as a user.

Following this article.

MySQL :: MySQL 3.23, 4.0, 4.1 Reference Manual :: 13.2.7.2 Forcing InnoDB Recovery

I used innodb_force_recovery = 4

Thanx

/Zeilon

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Good stuff Zeilon!

0 Kudos