VMware Workspace ONE Community
mvanvli29
Contributor
Contributor

Way to determine if Device is using AirWatch Inbox

I have inherited a interesting setup. This is specific to BYOD and this is a SaaS environment.
I am trying to determine what devices (Android only at this time) that are using AirWatch Inbox, other Androids are using the native mail client. I am only seeing 27 devices (reporting into airwatch that say they have inbox installed), however, the desktop group noted that number is WAY to small. We have around 2.2k android byod devices. They both have two profiles assigned to them one for native mail and one for Inbox though all do not use Inbox - it is only used with the native mail client will not allow successful configuration. I looked in the Email side of things on AW, but i don't see where it details what type of client is requesting mail.
Looking for any suggestions.
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you use the SEG go into custom on layout in the list of mail connections then mail client and you can sort by client and see the different clients boxer at least shows up on there I have never used inbox but I would expect it to show up.  Also do you gather app installed info or just see if they install it though the catalog, because that could throw the numbers installed off.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

you can use exchange to find out as well. Get-casmailbox will return EAS client types for mailboxes.
0 Kudos