VMware Workspace ONE Community
ShadowDZero
Contributor
Contributor

WSOne Intelligence Automation Data Collection?

I am a bit confused about how often the automations within Workspace ONE intelligence collect data from devices or run. Does this happen every 24 hrs? I have some automations which specify the "Last Run" from more than two days ago. I know they should be triggered by the automation, but all it needs is the device to meet the version requirements as a parameter and it is unclear how often it checks for such devices. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
andrewprice
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey ShadowDZero

There are a few considerations with Intelligence on how this works as an end-to-end solution.

The first is collection of data. Intelligence will essentially update different pieces of information based on when it collects updated information from the UEM environment. If you take a look at the 'Sync Status' page, you'll see when the last time different functions were last updated across the environment. Below is an example screenshot, you can see that things like the app category list has been updated (most likely because a new application was detected across the environment from one of the enrolled devices) and the device category sync update recently (1 min ago) based on the devices checking in. Different field will update at different times based on when the information from UEM has been updated. Product Provisioning has not updated as it isn't really used in this case.

pastedImage_0.png

The second piece is the Automation functionality and how that works. In its basic form, an Automation does not run on a schedule but runs on a 'state change' across the device. In this case, the automation will trigger when the state change impacts the scope of an automation you have configured.

EG: Your automation may include the trigger to look for devices that are enrolled and 'Last seen' not within 14 days. As soon as any device in the environment does not meet that trigger (EG: last seen time was 15 days ago) to automation will trigger.

Same goes for compliance state - If your trigger is to perform an action on non-compliant devices, as soon as the device is non-compliant, the automation will trigger.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

0 Kudos